Total KWGT noob here…

Total KWGT noob here… hoping for some help with a project involving CarWebGuru and a custom theme I’d like to complete. Here’s what I’d like to do:

In the photo attached, I’d like to display a live Google map in the red circle on the right, and the name of the street I’m currently on in the red box on the top.

Can KWGT handle these via widgets? Or, am I barking up the wrong tree?

The red box under the car image will display the current track name via a CarWebGuru widget, so I’ve got that handled.

The circle on the left is already a CarWebGuru “multi-widget” that can display album art, GPS speed, etc.

I just discovered this, so I’m interested in learning more about KWGT and its capabilities, and appreciate any insight!

Thanks in advance,
Ron

(I should also mention that CarWebGuru is installed in my Atoto S8 Gen 2 Android head unit [FYT] running Android 10)

There’s no direct function in KWGT to do this, but you can check this thread in Reddit and see if this will work for you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/kustom/comments/j8xipd/thoughts_wip_maps_widget_v3_mapbox_with_google/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Thanks for replying, Ace. I appreciate it…

I’ve discovered that it is NOT possible, unfortunately. I’ve decided to try my hand at writing an Android app that will do what I’m after. So far, I’ve been quite successful… it actually worked! Now to tweak it and make it even better! It’s gonna take a LOT of patience… and I may develop more gray hair, but I think it will be worth it in the end.

1 Like