Too many digits of precision in latest update

Android 14, KWGT latest update 3.74b330615. This newest update is showing 8 digits of precision, instead of two. Is this intended? If so, how can I reduce it or remove fractional precision altogether?

Are you using my(round) ? This is not intended, can you paste your formula?

Hello, I posted a similar problem on Reddit after the update. I’m reporting here:

“I also have a problem with the update (KWGT in this case). Tasker is sending a variable with the value “20.3” but it shows as 20.29999924 on the widget. Tried using a “round” formula in kwgt but still shows the same wrong value”

So maybe these two issues are connected (the rounding formula problem and the decimals problem)

Are you just using $round(taskervar, 2)$ or there is something else?

Actually, the original formula is without any rounding. Is just a $br(tasker,taskervar)$+“ºC” as it is a widget to show temperature. I checked the variable that tasker was sending and it was 20.3, and as I posted above it was shown as 20.29999924ºC. I figured it was a bug so in order to try to correct it I used $round(taskervar, 1)$ but no matter how many rounding digits I used (I tried with 1 - 5) it always shows the same digits. Interestingly if I tried the rounding with a large number of digits the number would change (for example $round(taskervar, 9)$ would show a completely different number)

Ok issue confirmed, the problem is with the + operator, if you do + “C” that will be the result, working on it, edit fixed, new beta coming today

2 Likes

This is now fixed in build 3.74b331712
Right now its only available at Downloads | Kustom HQ
The Play Store version will be available as soon as Google approves it

2 Likes

Fixed here. Thanks!!

1 Like

Thanks to both of you! That absolutely fixed everything back to normal with the upgrade. Much appreciated…

This topic was automatically closed 25 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.