Scrolling Widget

Can someone show me an example of how to scroll thru some information❓

The space I have for my widget isn’t big enough and I would like to be able to scroll to see all the lines of information.

If you’re referring to using the swipe gesture to scroll, this is not possible as KWGT can only detect a touch and not a swipe.

Touch would be ok. Can you point me in the right direction❓

This will go down to simply showing and hiding items/pages since KWGT does not support animation. A tutorial on how to do this can be found in the link below. I hope that helps.

thanks … i thought this might be the way to go, but i was hoping the ‘glorious leader’ would have provided a better way.

a scrolling function would be nice that included the number of lines to go up or down upon a touch…

I’m not sure if this will work for you since I’m not sure what you’re scrolling. You can also explore using flow and global variables in modifying an element’s YOffset. First, set the YOffset value of an element to a formula pointing to a number global variable. You can then create a Flow with a manual trigger. As for the Flow’s action, start with a formula that retrieves the global variable and then increments/decrements it. Something like $gv(val) + 10$ or $gv(val) - 10$… Add another action that is a “Set Global Var”. Add some buttons to trigger this Flow. Due to the nature of KWGT, this may be slow and not smooth, unlike a regular animation.

This is great information. Thanks for taking the time. :smiley:

I understand the gist of what you are saying and will experiment with this concept.

I’ve retrieved some info (court conditions, events, etc) from my tennis club’s website using Tasker, and now I want to show it on my home screen.

I’ve got very little room left on my screen, so I thought it would be nice to be able to scroll thru it.