Is it possible to send a variable to Tasker

I want to send a variable to Tasker in order to do some complex calculation depending on the value

Not yet

Sure but could you plann it ?

Could you plann for a future beta ?

It would be great if we'll be able to send some infos back to Tasker

Or at least write in a file and Tasker will read it.

The last part of your suggestion is already possible. $sh("echo '" + df(h:mm) + '" > /storage/emulated/0/Download/klwptext.txt")$ writes the time (for example) to a text file, and Tasker can read that.

I just learned that from the first Related Topics entry below your post: https://help.kustom.rocks/i683-send-info-back-to-tasker-problem-with-if-condition

I agree that a direct way to pass stuff to Tasker would be great too.

You can use Automate for that.

In klwp/kwgt create one object with the touch action to open a Link.

In the link your gonna use a URI Scheme like this one:

automate://VAR=$(VALUE)$

In Automate you create one Brodcast Recive block with the next settings

Action : android.intent.action.VIEW

URI Scheme : automate

Category : android.intent.category.BROWSABLE

Broadcast URI : VAR

You do your complex calculation with your VAR.

Then you create one Plug-in Action block, you select klwp or kwgt and you set your VAR and VALUE that you want to send to klwp/kwgt.

Back in KLWP/KWGT to recebe you value back just use this $br(tasker, VAR)$

*Replace VAR and Value with you owne var names.

Tasker has now release its new command system.
It allows 3rd party apps to send command directly to tasker.
A basic code snipped how to integrate it can be found on the website.

I currently do just this. It was a mission to replace a failing settings toggle widget that led me to KWGT.

For example, to set screen brightness in steps KWGT opens url autotoolscommand://newBrightness=:=$gv(brilev)$

Tasker has a profile event AutoApps Command with a filter newBrightness. This triggers a task to set the brightness based on that value

This is possible via open URL both on Flows (from 3.70) or standard touch action. In Flows setting a var can be done also when a formula changes or by any other internal Kustom event. See below comments for an example.

This topic was automatically closed 25 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.