Humble request for Consistent naming and labels in Kustom apps

1. Is it possible to rename the editor to “Design Editor” everywhere ?
  • The editor is called “Main Editor” in the sidebar menu
  • It’s called as “Advanced Editor” in shortcuts and in actions
  1. Is it possible to rename the “Formula Editor” to “Kode Editor”, and rename “Formula” as “Kode” everywhere ?
  • Both the terms Kode and Formula are used by people to refer to the same thing. This inconsistent terminology is causing lot of confusion for new users.
  1. Is it possible to rename packs as presets everywhere ?
  • After clicking on load preset, we are presented with explore window/page. Here the labels “Discover new packs” “Installed packs” are used but no mention of “Preset” anywhere.
  • Most of the presets shared by the community or creators on playstore are single theme/wallpaper. Hence the term “pack” does not describe them appropriately.
  • I understand that a creator can bundle multiple themes/wallpapers into a preset, but those presets will generally have a descriptive name like “base pack” so the user will be able to differentiate them i hope.
4 Likes

It seems good suggestion to keep consistent naming but never know when it will be. sometimes renaming using find and replace in ide has to be reviewed for every single case for project code so it doesn’t break down and judging from how project is it will sure take some time to review for dev to check every single occurrence case. I had thought 2 months back why the naming different in every time.:watch:

Yes. I agree Nothing is easy. I am just putting the idea out there so other people can share their thoughts on it. This way the dev can guage the interest and make an informed decision.
Small steps to make our beloved apps even better!

1 Like