I have four Google accounts and am using the calendar information in my widgets.
There are several problems with Google accounts that I have already created incidents for, but unfortunately those incidents were created on the old platform.
So, we are already beyond the “did you try turning it off and on again” state and need to have a follow up on the issues.
Let me repeat the current issues:
- Birthdays are not aggregated
- All-day events are not updated in a timely manner
- Appointments from shared calendars are displayed twice
- Calendar widgets drop black
In order to elaborate a bit:
Birthdays are not aggregated
- I have birthdays in all four accounts.
- I am displaying birthdays in an “All-day Event Widget”.
- Only the birthdays from the first account are displayed.
- Since a few versions of KWGT the birthdays even stopped showing at all.
The birthdays (and holidays) calendar(s) are a special case in the Google Calendar app. The Calendar app is aggregating the birthdays (and holidays) and displays them separately from the account calendars. In KWGT’s app settings you will see the birthday calendars separately, there is no divider between the accounts and there is no option to manually force KWGT to fetch the calendars again.
All-day events update
If you change or delete an all-day event, it seems to be impossible for KWGT to update the information in a timely manner; instead the event is updated the next day the earliest.
- I have two of the calendars linked to my primary calendar, so that I can easily create new events in the other accounts when using the browser version of Google calendar.
- Recently KWGT is handling the events (the linked and the original) as two separate events and is displaying them twice.
- I have three widgets for the current/upcoming appointment, the next and the one after that.
- The background of the widgets is dimmed depending on the days in advance.
- The widgets (and sometimes even the all-day widget with no dimming at all) drop black from time to time, especially after starting and ending the KWGT app.
- They also do not seem to contain any calendar information, as tapping on the widgets does nothing, while it should jump to the corresponding appointment in the Calendar app.
I put all these issues into one post, as they all seem somehow correlated.
From what I were told, the developers are already working on those issues, but as it has been months since I reported them and I did not receive any update, I just thought that it might be a good idea to raise the issues again.