Bitmaps not exporting correctly

Running on latest release in Google Play store, Samsung Galaxy A71. Every time I export my preset, everything continues to show fine on my phone even after unloading/loading again, but when I send the preset to my spouse’s phone to test, none of the images I have set as bitmap globals seem to be loading, and one or two random others will be missing as well. I’ve gone through the .klwp file and it seems like they aren’t exporting correctly, because they’re nowhere to be found inside the .zip.

Edit: it seems like it’ll save the bitmaps if I manually repick them every time before exporting - i went through and remapped every image, then exported, and my .klwp file shot up from 4mb to 9mb. I reloaded the preset, made a few changes, then re-exported and it went right back down to 4mb. It seems like the problem is images that haven’t been mapped in the current editing session don’t get exported sometimes. It’s strange that it only seems to happen to global bitmaps, though.

1 Like

This could also be a storage access issue. Can you check if the images that are placed inside your Kustom folder will export properly?

I placed all of my images inside of the Kustom folder, remapped all of them, and tested exporting a couple times. It didn’t seem to change the behavior, it still seems to mainly skip exporting images that I have set as global variables unless I’ve mapped them in the current editing session.

also experiencing this, v3.75b410013. bitmaps folder completely abset within .klwp file, and even adding it and manually placing an image inside and renaming it to the name found in preset.json doesn’t seem to work

conversely to the o.p. though, adding it as a global did seem to force it to work?

something similar seems to occur with other resources, such as fonts or fonticons. though they are present in the .klwp file, they aren’t applied on preset load unless manually reselected

I have this issue too…
For example, I have five images in my widget and when I export, only one of the images is exported, sometimes two, but never all of them.

I’m experiencing this issue, too.
It affects KWGT and KLWP, I’m not sure if it also affect KLCK and KWCH.

Dear developer, please kindly solve this issue.

:pray:

1 Like

yep, this is what I experienced in my case after picking global bitmap and you export preset, but it doesn’t get exported nor was it being shown after importing that same preset in same exported device. for now, I think temporary solution for it would be using iconzy which works on i think up to android 13 or 12, I’m not entirely sure but it surely works till the android 12 as I’m on android 12. iconzy mostly doesn’t work because kustom can’t access iconzy folder on newer android because of google restrictions/user privacy problem.

Dear developer,

Is there any chance to get this issue fixed in near future?

Thank you.