App crashes after preset loads

Every so often, the home screen on my phone will revert back to the default system wallpaper for no reason that I can determine. This seems to happen in sporadic fashion with no discernible pattern at all – none that I could figure out on my own anyhow.

So, obviously I go to open KLWP but after loading the same preset that I was running before, it only lasts a few seconds at that point after the preset fully loads before the app simply and mysteriously closes/crashes. It doesn’t give me enough time to apply the wallpaper before it goes away and I’m looking at my home screen again. It also does this without any messages from the system, like a pop-up window or prompt, or even an error notice of any kind to, at least, to give me some amount of fair warning or possibly an explanation that the impending annoyance, one that I’ve now learned to always expect, has happened again, and this little not-so-fun game that I’ve been forced into playing in a perpetual state of duress and for some time now, will continue indefinitely. Normally, I think of games as a great way to spend my time (and usually a lot of money as well), but without the benefits of god mode or whole bunch of cheat codes to beat the system, I’ll apparently be made to stay on the losing side with no chance of winning for an indeterminate frequency and occasion that it currently is chosen by forces that cannot be beaten.

My apologies for the tortured metaphorical statement about the facts at play, but I may just lose my mind and abort the game entirely by getting rid of KLWP, if I don’t at least try to keep an enlightened attitude during this period of absolute horrific pain and indifference enforced on me by the system.

Some technical information that could be useful:

Device: OnePlus 12
KLWP_v3.76b422110

First, make sure to remove KLWP from your device’s battery optimization or similar 3rd party apps. Also, check if this is only affecting a specific theme/preset by testing out others.

I’ve already made sure to give all the necessary permissions to the app including turning battery optimization off and allowing it to run in the background.

It doesn’t seem to matter which preset I happen to open, no matter how robust or lean it is, after a few seconds upon the theme fully loading, it just crashes right after, leaving me with the inability to make changes and/or save anything.

At this point, I’m getting pretty desperate to get it working again just like before this began happening, so any other solutions (even bordering on unofficially sanctioned hacks) that you might have would be greatly appreciated! :smiling_face:

I suggest you do a clean install using the steps from the link below: